Senior Account Manager/Account Manager
But it's really a whole lot more than that...
This role is all about ensuring success for our clients.
You’ll be working really closely with our clients, building and nurturing those all-important relationships, as well as the Sharper team and our wider network of freelance talent, coming up with great ideas for campaigns and projects (and then getting your hands dirty bringing those same ideas to life).
It’s all to ensure we deliver top-notch work that translates into success for our clients – whatever that looks like to them.
We’re on a mission to make B2B marketing as a whole more creative, valued and commercially successful.
Clients love working with us for 3 main reasons:
- We’re all experienced client-side marketers. We’ve walked in their shoes. We know their world. We talk their language.
- We’re fearlessly creative, but we underpin EVERYTHING we do with metrics and measures of success
- We’re nice people and fun to work with, but we give no easy rides. We’re direct. We challenge. We ask hard questions. Because that’s what a great agency partner should do.
And we live and die by our values: Creativity, Tenacity, Fairness, and Fun. If you don’t think these 4 things are important then you’re not going to enjoy working here.
But if this sound like something you want to be part of? Then read on…
We’re small so we can’t afford to carry any passengers. Which means we have to hire first and foremost on attitude and personality.
Experience and skills are obviously useful, but they can be gained or learned. If you’ve got the right approach and attitude though, you’ll be on to a winner.
So, what does that “right approach” and attitude look like?
- You’ll be “can do”. You need to be able to pick up the initiative and get stuff done, no matter what kind of curve balls come flying at you.
- You’ll be a problem solver. If things crop up that get in the way you won’t just accept them and say, “oh well”. You’ll be coming up with the ideas and different approaches to get around, under and over those challenges.
- You’ll be inquisitive and empathetic, always looking for new ideas and new ways to do things that connect with people. And you’ll bring those to the table for the benefit of Sharper and our clients.
- You’ll be confident (but definitely not arrogant). You need to know yourself, know what you’re good at and back yourself in doing it. But you’ll also be self-aware and humble enough to know where the line is.
- You’ll want to crack on with your career and we can help you do that. We want to see you be a success, and we will all have some fun along the way - win-win
As we said, knowledge and skills can be gained or learned, but if you’ve got some of the following in your back pocket that’ll stand you in good stead.
- 3-5 years B2B client-side experience ideally as a marketing manager, campaign manager, senior marketing/campaign manager or similar. You will need to know what it’s like in our clients’ world.
- Campaign creation, build and execution. You’ll know your way around (or at the very least the theory behind) how to create and run multi-channel marketing campaigns that make an impact with people.
- Commercial awareness. You need to be able to identify areas for growth of our accounts and show that you can spot the opportunities for Sharper to do even more brilliant work for our clients.
- Marketing automation and tech. You don’t need to be an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but you need to know enough to be dangerous with CRM, email platforms, marketing automation tools, etc.
- If you’ve got a marketing qualification (CIM, IDM, Mini-MBA, etc) that’s pretty cool, but it’s not a deal breaker.
- Clear communicator. You’ll be working across multiple campaigns/projects talking to a variety of people, so you’ve got to be clear and consistent with your communications – both written and verbal.
- Able to handle complexity. With multiple projects/campaigns on the go at any one time you’ve got to have the mental agility to be able to switch from one thing to the next and be comfortable managing your own energy and time to do so.
- Ideas generator. Clients love our ideas, so you need to be able to bring them to the table too.
- Copy writing. You’ve got to have a solid grasp of the English language and be able to create engaging copy that will be used across the campaigns/projects we deliver for our clients.
What you’ll get from us:
If you join us as our brand-new Senior Account Manager/Account Manager, we’ll give you:
- Our undying love and affection
- A £40,000 salary
- 25 days holiday a year
- Pension scheme
- Regular team socials and celebrations. When we “win” we celebrate it well
- The tech and equipment you’ll need to get things done
- Flexible working. We’ve got an HQ office in Wokingham. but you don’t have to work there. Truthfully, we don’t really mind how or where you work, it’s much more about getting the job done for our clients
- Bonus scheme and regular salary reviews (tied to company performance)
- A home to grow, develop and become the best version of you
Think it sounds like it'd be worthwhile us having a chat?
Drop an email with your CV attached to our MD, Russ (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let's get this ball rolling