The campaign was targeted at IT and Technology Operations decision makers within key target verticals including Defence, Manufacturing, Logistics, Supply Chain, Construction, Emergency Services, Field Services and Transport.
As there are several competing technology solutions in the Rugged device space and IT decision makers are often time poor, we needed to offer them immediate value with this campaign.
Offering the free CHOCBOOK was a great hook and stood out from the usual product adverts they are used to receiving.
We used several channels for this campaign, to maximise the results and support the associated key direct mail portion of the activity.
- Chocbook.co.uk was created as a branded microsite and campaign hub. All promotional activity linked to the site and target individuals were invited to order their free CHOCBOOK while stocks lasted
- The main promotional activity within this campaign. We used highly targeted paid ads across both LinkedIn and Twitter from 22nd March – 2nd April to drive traffic to the microsite to generate CHOCBOOK orders
- To support the paid activity, we promoted the CHOCBOOK to the existing TOUGHBOOK audience via its LinkedIn company page and Twitter page.
- TOUGHBOOKs UK Head of Marketing, also created some organic social videos showing the CHOCBOOK ‘in-action’ riffing on real device demo videos – this included a drop test, heat test and water test video – which were then also hosted on the microsite.
- Once orders were placed via the microsite, batches of orders were shared with the fulfilment partner Candy Mechanics. They created the custom CHOCBOOK and shipped each order directly to the individual’s home / office address as required.